Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Association does not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, color, sexual orientation, political beliefs, existential beliefs, or for any other reason that is a right protected by law.
In the interest of mutual and shared goals, I have agreed to initiate a new rule banning any negative comments about other veteran organizations. This is being done for the best interests of all activities we are now focused on. We wish to bring about a positive result to current veteran issues and activities we are working on. I appreciate your agreement to comply, and see that keeping our posts positive is in the best interests of all.
Agreement to Rules of use:
I. Regarding Ownership
1. This forum is for discussion about Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veteran Association (BWNVVA).
2. By registering and making posts on the BWNVVA Forums, you agree to abide by the Forum Rules of Use, both stated and unstated.
3. By posting messages to the BWNVVA Forums you give forum owner and maintainers permission to permanently store all message content, present it for public viewing, backup it to any location and media, present it in other form, modify, delete, or make any use whatsoever in the Forums.
4. All images posted are copyrighted to their respective owners.
5. You agree to post only content that you have copyright for, or with written permission from the copyright owner.
6. Content copied in it's entirety from other websites, Forums or other media must be accompanied by a link or reference to the material, along with credit given to the original author.
7. BWNVVA Forums is not responsible for the content of any uploaded files, nor is it in affiliation with any entities that may be represented in the uploaded files.
8. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of BWNVVA Forums, nor phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group will be held responsible for the content of any message.
9. Posts can be edited or deleted within 1 day by the poster. After that only mods can edit or delete them. * Most often this is just the daily work of editing phpBB problems, fixing non-working links or correcting blatant spelling errors. Content is, of course, not touched if it does not violate rules.
II. The liability legalese
1. Message content must conform to content guidelines outlined in each forum's description on forums front page.
2. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of the BWNVVA Forums with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
3. You agree, through your use of the Forums, that you will not post any material or links to any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, rude, racist, disrespectful, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, threatening, obscene, profane, pornographic, racially or ethnically offensive, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.
4. You will not upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
5. You agree not to violate the rights of others, such as content which infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or violate any right of privacy or publicity, or otherwise violate any applicable law or reputation.
6. You will not impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
7. You will not register to the Forum with multiple identities.
III. The "Anti-Spam" jargon
1. Message bumping is prohibited.
2. Chain letters, pyramid schemes, "spam", multi-level marketing, blatant cross-posting or other solicitations are strictly prohibited.
3. Private Messaging is for personal use only - using it as a mass-marketing or mass contact tool is forbidden.
4. You will not collect, record or otherwise use any other users' e-mail addresses or other personal information for any purpose other than those pertaining to participation in the Forums.
5. User names may not be rude, racist, disrespectful, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, threatening, obscene, profane, pornographic, racially or ethnically offensive. Moderators have right to force a user name change if needed.
IV. The "don't be a jerk" language
RULE #1 Have fun!
Rule #s 2-5 See Rule Number 1!!!
6. Though we encourage members to engage in healthy debate, we do not condone personal attacks on members. Ideas can be disputed or challenged, but attacks on a personal level are unacceptable and when they are discovered or brought to the attention of the staff, will be dealt with accordingly. Ideas can be attacked, but individuals cannot.
7. You will not "stalk" or otherwise harass other members.
8. Goodbye posts (post seeking attention when you are abandoning the forums) are forbidden.
8. If you know an answer to a question either answer it or say nothing. Giving newbies blunt answers like "search the forum" is not allowed - please use the typing effort to giving the answer instead. Or just give the link to that post you wished the newbie should have searched for. Respect newbies - we were all a newbie once.
10. Falsifying your identity for any purpose whatsoever, and to promote a site or business in which you are involved and/or solicitations are expressly prohibited on these Forums.
11. Falsifying your identity with numerous postings under different names is not permitted and can be cause for deletion of your postings regardless of the content.
12. You will not upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
13. You will not attempt to access any protected sections of the sites or Forums, nor make use of any hacks, cracks, bug exploits, etc. to bypass or modify the features of the Forum software at BWNVVA.
V. And of course, Big brother is watching
1. Forum leaders such as Administrators and Moderators are entrusted with the ability and responsibility of removing objectionable posts. Warnings may also be sent out to the offending party or parties involved.
2. If violations of these rules are severe, or if they continue after warnings, a user's privileges to this forum may be suspended for any length of time, up to and including a permanent ban.
3. You will, if asked by a Forums leader, cease posting any content, and/or links to content, deemed offensive, objectionable, or in poor taste by a Forum leader. NOTE: If you really need help in deciding if your intended post is acceptable, PM the text to admin or moderators for review.
4. Personal Messages (PM) between user and moderator are not to be discussed in public. Note that moderators may share moderator related PM content between other moderators.
DISCLAIMER: Although the operators of BWNVVA do not and cannot review the messages prior to being posted, and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. Further, we reserve the right to make any modification we deem necessary or desirable to any message posted to the Forums.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE RULES THEN DO NOT DISCUSS IT IN THE FORUM. CONTACT AN ADMINISTRATOR OR MODERATOR AND PRESENT YOUR REASONS TO THEM.
If you do not agree to be bound by these conditions of use, or should you consider any future amendments made to these conditions of use to be unacceptable, you should not post to BWNVVA.
READING IS ALWAYS OK!
RETURN TO the Forum